Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   flex plate for 400hp
posted August 20, 2004 08:50 AM
I have seen in the raceparts catalogs 2 types of flex plates for a chevy 350 w/powerglide. One that is stock that is just $19 and another that is 30% thicker that is $50. Which one do you normally use for circle track racing. Is the thicker one necessary or is that just for drag racing????

posted August 20, 2004 11:12 AM
if you're using a coupler or a mini clutch, i'd recommend the thicker SFI flexplate. without a converter, stock flexplates have a tendency to crack around the crank flange.

i believe this is caused by the lack of support during high RPM, high load conditions.

[This message has been edited by outlawstock17 (edited August 20, 2004).]

posted August 20, 2004 08:36 PM
Quartermaster does not recommend running stock flex plates over 7000.

Back to the Archives