Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   Transmission question....
posted February 23, 2004 08:43 AM           
I just picked up an automatic transmission from a friend. I believe it is a 350.

On the passenger side in the rear of the transmission there is a hole where a plug used to be. Inside there is a rod with several notches cut in it, I can pull the rod out.

I looked on another transmission like it and it appears to be a vacuum hook up where the hole is. What is this for? If I'm not going to run vacuum to the transmission do I need to put that part back on or can I just seal the hole up? What position does that rod need to be in if I just seal it up (the rod moves in and out)?


posted February 23, 2004 10:31 AM           
Nevermind... I found out its the vacuum modulator. They are only like 10 bucks so I guess I'll just buy another one to plug the hole.


Back to the Archives