Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   Valve train geometry?
posted May 11, 2003 10:44 AM
After checking rocker geometry (stock rockers)We need longer push rods question is will the same length pushrods be needed with a roller rocker of the same ratio, Thinking about chaning to rollers but wanted to order everything at the same time. And also if a perfect pattern can't be obtained. +.100 alittle towards the intake / +.150 alittle towards exhaust.The +.100 is the closest to center but only by about .015th. Is it better to be towards one side or the other.

Thanks Alot Josh K.

posted May 11, 2003 12:37 PM
the rocker should contact the valve tip on the intake manifold side of center when the lifter is on the heel of the cam. it should contact the center of the valve tip at full lift or slightly to the exhaust side of center. the same length pushrod should work with roller rockers or stock rockers.

it sounds like you have a set of milled heads, your block has been decked or both. the +.100 is your best bet.

[This message has been edited by outlawstock17 (edited May 11, 2003).]

posted May 12, 2003 10:56 PM
Sounds like a small base circle cam to me. Maybe a Mech Roller with lots of lift.

[This message has been edited by jnewman44 (edited May 12, 2003).]

Back to the Archives