Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   brakes for my chevelle
posted February 29, 2004 02:36 AM
I know i know this isn;t really a race question but it is a car question...

i am replacing the front drum brake with a set of factory discs on my 72 chevelle is there any thing other than change the spindles that i have to do..? do i need another porportionig valve??

posted February 29, 2004 03:32 AM
You can use the valve, you gotta replace the rubber hoses though. If you screw up and rear-end someone, I'll give you 50 bucks for the lower A-arms.

posted February 29, 2004 11:44 AM
lol well i sure hope that i do not rear end some one....

why are lowers for those gettin hard to find?

posted March 01, 2004 12:36 PM
69-72 "A-Body" parts all interchange. You will need to change the master cylinder to disc application. Does it already have power brakes? If not you will have to change the location of the push rod on the brake pedal. Move it to the other hole. You will need a "new" combination valve from a disc brake "A-Body". You will have to redo some of the lines to install the valve. Stay away from the 1968 style dual piston calipers. Leave these to the restoration guys.

Back to the Archives