Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   Ball Joint covers?
posted December 19, 2003 01:23 PM
Hi, Anyone know where I can get new covers for my 79 Cutlass ball joints. Ball joints are good but covers are shot. Thanks, Race

redneck racing
posted December 19, 2003 02:04 PM
Heard AutoZone carries them and that they are the stock rubber ones. I got mine from Energy Suspension they are the polyurothane ones. Eddie

posted December 20, 2003 06:04 AM
Auto Zone, CSK, Carquest, Napa, just about any chain carries them now in the help section.

RC Racing
posted December 20, 2003 11:19 AM
Raceinmud, are you talking about the rubber covers? If so, I never used them. I figured, since I was pumping new grease through the joints every week, why bother with the covers? The new grease will force out the dirt and car wash water anyway. And it makes it easier for me to inspect the ball joints.

Of course, this is all just my humble opinion.


posted December 20, 2003 02:10 PM           
Thats what I do also, never have put those on even with new joints, just tossed them.