Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   Cam Help needed
posted September 20, 2000 07:38 PM
Call some cam mfg's thats what their there for. Thats the only answer to your question.

posted September 21, 2000 03:54 PM
Call Clay Smith Cams . You won't be sorry.

posted September 21, 2000 07:11 PM
ISKY has some nice circle-track cams, I've never heard any bad things about their products. Check them out on-line, request their catalog also.

[This message has been edited by xcessivespeed (edited September 21, 2000).]

posted September 21, 2000 11:11 PM
I was told Clay Smith Cams are no longer in business is this true or not?If not does anyone have a phone number for them ?I have a cam that was given to me by a friend who didn't like setting the valves all the time we tried it in our modified and it was a real hoss but all the markings have been ground off except the Clay Smith name.I would like to replace it since we lost the motor due to bigfoot disease & during this process the cam was damaged beyond repair.

posted September 27, 2000 07:16 PM

I'm not sure about the status of Clay Smith, but there are several cam grinders out there that can usually take a shot cam, profile two good lobes, and reproduce it. The best bet is if it has good lobes for #1 cyl. that way they can index of the dowel right away to get the right c/l and lobe sep. Seems to me they can even do this with a broken cam.

It has been many years since I had this done, and I'm sorry to say I forgot who I had do them for me, but check with either Isky or Lunati, I'm thinkin they can help you.

Back to the Archives