Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   More Alcohol questions
posted March 24, 2000 11:24 AM
I am going to alcohol this year ,I have a blake 750 carb on a hot 350 c.i. ,carb has a mechanical bypass .My question is what size fuel lines to I need from cell to pump ,pump to carb and what size bypass return to cell ?
Also what heat range plugs should i use? Oh and what pressures should i see at idle and wide open throt?

any info would be helpful ,


posted March 24, 2000 01:01 PM
I would say you need #8 from the cell to the pump and from the pump to the carb, #6 return line. When I ran the mechanical bypass idle pressure was about 2-3 psi. Wide open throttle will depend on the pump you use. I used the Barry Grant 15 psi pump and it ran 11 psi at the end of the straight. You should make sure that you have at least 9 psi.

posted March 24, 2000 03:09 PM

posted March 24, 2000 06:11 PM
I have heard alot of variations of fuel pressures from different people, everyone is different. LOL

posted April 06, 2000 11:04 AM
I use a KSE tandem pump and return it to a fuel block on the frame, returning it all the way back to the cell will add pressure.
Ask your carb manuf. for idle pressures as we don't know what seats he used. 11#-13# PRESSURE IS OK You will find that you will use the same heat range plug GAP @38 wider does not seem to work for me. You will not really notice a rich condition other than it will just be slow. Keep an Eye on the eng. temp as this ios the easiest I know to tell you. In my bigger engine I use 92's for jets in the 377 I rejet to 89(ft) 90(r) I have gone as low as 86 and 88. Have cooked one bigger eng though. You wil like Meth. as it will cool better. We do not have many real hot nights here and humidity etc. will affect thins in different areas. Good luck

Back to the Archives