posted September 22, 2005 05:31 AM
southern NM street stock rules
Stock passenger tires only.—MAXIMUM WIDTH 7 INCHES. Will use tire fork for tread, sidewall, wheel width.
· No mud, racing or fancy, exotic, trick gumball tires allowed.
· No siping or grooving allowed. No tire softeners.
· No racing wheels or mag wheels allowed. Spoke steel wheels allowed. All wheels must have a DOT number to be legal. Wheel must weight at least 21 lbs or more.
· Maximum 7-inch steel wheel.
· All cars must run a stock two (2) barrel carburetor, or #7448 350 CFM Holley. May remove choke, but no other alterations allowed. No adapter plate allowed, no four-barrel manifolds allowed, no spacer plate, 1 stock OEM carburetor gasket no more than ¼” thick.
· Pump gas only. 2000 TO 2005—all engines must meet specifications to be legal for competition.
· Engine specifications are as follows:
o 360 cubic inch displacement or less. Compression of 9.5 or less. 1 % error.
o Stock type, stamped rocker arms only. No roller tip rocker arms.
o Screw-in rocker arm studs are ok. 3/8 studs only with guide plates. No stud girdles of any kind. Polly locks are okay.
o Must have cast iron two-barrel intake. No alterations allowed. No acid dipping, no pressure porting, no alterations of any kind anywhere on intake.
Southern NM super rules
Unaltered cast iron blocks and heads, 23 degree valve angle only.
B. 360 cubic inch or smaller may run any 4-barrel carburetor. 361 cubic inch or larger must run a Holly #4412 two-barrel carburetor. (see specs below)
Carburetor specifications in inches:
Venture bore 1.380 okay
Booster Hole Inside .390 maximum
Outside .562 minimum
Base Plate 1.688 maximum
these are the rules that the 2 of us usually run under