Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   front spring split
LMS53
Dirt Roller

Total posts: 21
posted September 08, 2005 09:00 PM  
how much front spring split is too much

joetaylor
Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 640
posted September 08, 2005 09:16 PM  
100 # is a a good thing for a 3/8 track

------------------
if every thing is under control your not fast enough

J3
Dirt Maniac

Total posts: 188
posted September 09, 2005 02:02 AM  
It depends on the car, the track and the driver. Most people say about 100#. I run a 300# split and works fine for me.


CLBaker25
Dirt Maniac

Total posts: 193
posted September 09, 2005 06:08 AM  
With a Larson car they have us always run a 1000 left front and we have run a 1800 right front. Normally we only run a 1200 in the right front.

racin78p
Dirt Freak

Total posts: 333
posted September 09, 2005 12:29 PM  
Last year I ran a 1250 right and 1000 left. This year I was talked into trying a 1000 right and 900 left. Don't believe I will go back. And getting ready to try a 900 right and 800 left to see how much more I can get the car to roll in a good way. Lots of scaling involved though. Currently 225 left and 200 right in the rear. Might go to a 175 right and 200 left when I switch the front, but will see.

------------------
racin78p
if it ain't fun, then don't run

36 Race Team
Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 45
posted September 09, 2005 05:31 PM  
we got the same as 78p...1000rf 900lf

redneck racing
Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 860
posted September 10, 2005 05:27 AM  
We also run the 1000# and the 900#, been thinking of going lighter. Eddie

LMS53
Dirt Roller

Total posts: 21
posted September 10, 2005 10:58 AM  
thanks for the info. seems like soft spring setup to me how heavy are your cars??

robhbk24
Dirt Freak

Total posts: 372
posted September 10, 2005 12:00 PM  
900lf 1000rf on a 3200lb metric with a sway bar though,1 1/8th bar, ran a 1200lb rf for 3 years and switched this year and i won't go back, i tried it without the sway bar and for me personally it did not work like i wanted it i liked it better with it, but thats my preferance

racer17j
Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 5390
posted September 10, 2005 03:20 PM  
our track is dry slick and fairly smooth about 80% of the time, the other 20% though it's ruffer than a corn field, last weekend there was a hole between 1+2 had to have been 10 feet long by 8 feet wide and atleast 6 inches to a foot deep in places.

Speedway65
Dirt Freak

Total posts: 344
posted September 12, 2005 09:03 AM  
We run a 800-lf 900-rf 225-lr 200rr no sway bar 3000lb metric car.Mostly smooth track but seems to rut up going into turn 1,light springs seem to soak up the bumps better.

36 Race Team
Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 45
posted September 12, 2005 02:13 PM  
3200...track has been fair this year rough about 3-4 times get about 3 inches of travel on rf shock

racer17j
Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 5390
posted September 12, 2005 02:41 PM  
3300 with driver. Class/track rules.

Racer17j: I ran the 1250/1000 split last yeat. Bottomed out way too much for my liking. When I was being whoo'ed to switch to lighter springs that was my biggest concern "bottoming out worse". I gave in, we did the switch and I don't know why but I actually bottom out less now. I think the car is more equal on all four corners now. We did switch rear shocks to help the right roll more. 50/50 right and 90/10 left.

Maybe this will help some.

Race on.

------------------
racin78p
if it ain't fun, then don't run

    

Back to the Archives