Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   cam?
Dirt Forum Racer

Total posts: 87
posted February 10, 2005 06:50 PM  
I need a little help what does a small base circle ground cam mean. comp said it's whats needed for a 373 stroker. and do you need different length pushrodsfor it

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 369
posted February 10, 2005 07:14 PM  
a small base circle cam is used for motors with long strokes to clear the rotating assembly so you don't have any clashing between the rods and cam

and pushrod length can very by machining the heads or block so never order pushrods until you have assembled the motor to determine the proper length for your motor

drive hard or drive home

Dirt Forum Racer

Total posts: 87
posted February 11, 2005 07:31 PM  
how do you determine how long the push rods need to be?

Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 5390
posted February 11, 2005 08:01 PM  
get a push rod lenght checker then you put black marker on the valve stem set your lash rotate it once and see where the rocker rubs the marker off at you want it centered so adjust the checker till you get it in the center then messure and buy your rods


Back to the Archives