Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   Ford engine plate ?
Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 74
posted November 29, 2004 07:01 AM  
My question is, when using a ford 351w with a rear engine plate, how does the starter mount? It normaly is in the bell housing, i am using a griner direct drive powerglide with adaptor. Does it matter what engine plate to buy?

Dirt Maniac

Total posts: 168
posted November 29, 2004 10:14 PM  
Speed What I used in the past was an adapter kit that came from TCI when I got it it was like 24 inch by 24 inch 1\4 inch thick plate it had studs that where like you find that hold a nich ford center section in that mounted the trans and there where to that mounted the starter then it used flat head counter sink bolts to mount it to the ford block I took the chevy mid plate layed it over the adapter and cut it out to the same diminsion of the other. If i wasa to order one I would try and get the adapter plate a little wider if I remember right I had to add material to the right side for the offset of the engine plate. Hope this helps, when we had everything worked out we could change engines ford to chevy as easy as chevy to chevy or ford to ford.


Back to the Archives