Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   Shock Question
Eric Pattridge
Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 48
posted July 04, 2003 01:16 PM  
Was told by the local racers at my track to use a rt ft shock from a 1 ton dodge truck for the rt ft. I can get this at any parts store. It's stiffer and mounts with some small grinding on the bottom ears. But I forgot to ask what year to get it for. Does anybody know? My car is an 85 monte carlo running a 3/8 mile 12 deg banked track. I'm new to this, spent 14 years involved with drag racing now I want to turn left. It is a blast!! Thanks


Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 5390
posted July 04, 2003 01:54 PM  
If you are trying to stay low$$$. Go to your local parts store and ask for Monroe shocks for the front of a mid 80's caprice. They should have 2 options... police and non police. The police has a stiffer rate than the stock. You should be able to get one for around 20$.

Back to the Archives