1. Moving the rear axle to the right by either lenghting the panhard bar or by wheel offset's loosens corner entry and tightens corner exit. Correct?
2. Will increasing stagger decrease cross?
3. Is 47% to low for a three link mod on a high bank 1/2? Even though the bite is low.(20lbs)
dirtbuster Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 2007
posted August 25, 2005 11:11 AM
1. that depends, if you move it to the right and dont reset your scale numbers then it will put more bite and left% in the car which will loosen the car in and tighten off. If you move it right and reset bite and left % to what you ahd before then it will loosen the car all around the track.
2. Increasing rear stagger will decrese cross or bite some, but increasing front stagger will increase bite and cross.
3. 47% seems kind of low to me... but there are several guys, especially DW's that run hardly any Lr and maybe even some RR bite. All depends on the rest of your setup.
What are your left and rear %??
leapinlizard Dirt Freak
Total posts: 402
posted August 25, 2005 11:25 AM
I'm showing 52% left, 60% rear.
We had a crash and I had to repair a ton. Some frame damage even. Our numbers are different now than before(52% left, 55% rear, 52% cross) I like the precent's okay now. Just wondering if more cross was needed. I did have to change the left rear to a 3 off instead of a 4. 1 new tire on RR increased stagger from 1/4 to 2 2/4. The car was tight on the gas after slowing for traffic last time out. Would you try it like this and see what happens or change something?