Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   Upper Control Arms
Dirt Forum Racer

Total posts: 77
posted July 15, 2005 06:35 AM  
Does anyone sell just the center section of the adjustable upper control arm? (The piece that the ball joint screws into.) I've been told by DirtWorks that it is AFCO Part # 19060 but I can't seem to find it on Afco's website.

Every otehr web site I've been on (Speedway, Midwest, etc.) sells the complete assembly for $100 or so but not the individual pieces...

Dirt Maniac

Total posts: 180
posted July 15, 2005 07:19 AM  
Day Motorsports

Its called an upper A-Arm collar.

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 270
posted July 15, 2005 08:08 AM  
Call GRT (501)679-2311 or Southwest speed.

Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 755
posted July 15, 2005 08:11 AM  
GRT & Smileys does.

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 376
posted July 15, 2005 08:46 AM  
Ultimate Racing Products. Part # (RH)-212-22170, (LH)-212-22175. Price is $19.95 each. Phone # 1-800-722-3527. Pretty good place for DW parts.

Dirt Forum Racer

Total posts: 77
posted July 15, 2005 08:53 AM  
Thanks for the quick replies...

On the Day Motorsports site, they sell a DirtWorks Left, DirtWorks Right and a Universal Upper A-Arm Collar. I have a 2004 DirtWorks 9. Which do I need?

I would prefer to buy the universal if it really can be used on either side.

Thanks again!


Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 874
posted July 15, 2005 09:18 AM  
Dirtworks cars use a certain ball joint holder, they weld the threaded part on the holder at an angle. You will not want the universal one, that is for hoffman style front ends, or any other chassis that uses a standard ball joint holder

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 338
posted July 15, 2005 09:26 AM  
i just buy the threaded sleeves and some lh fine threaded 5/8" rod and a chunk of 3/8" x 1" bar stock and make my own.
but really the cost is about 14.00 ea. from dirtworks.

Dirt Forum Racer

Total posts: 77
posted July 15, 2005 09:28 AM  
Well, that's bad news...

We bent one and I can't get another one before early next week. (I could pay for overnight shipping and Saturday delivery but that would cost a fortune.)

So, I have 2 options...

1. I could try to make a universal one work--since I do have one available from another modified. (The other modified is not a DW car.)

2. I could run the collar that is on the car now. As I said, the threaded part that attaches directly to the swadged tube is slightly bent. Although it is at more of an angle, the tube is fine.

If I run the current one and can get the caster/camber set right, do you all know of any othe problems I might see as a result of using the bent one? Should I be concerned about it breaking? (It is on the left front.)



Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 58
posted July 17, 2005 01:40 PM  
if it's DW-9 then The LF never touches the Ground anyway LOL just Kidding you could run it one night and get lucky. atleast I would.

Back to the Archives