Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   need more help KP
Dirt Maniac

Total posts: 170
posted June 16, 2004 06:21 PM  
i made the changes you suggested. they helped quite a bit but i'm still having pullover. i know theres really nothing i can do with the holley. is there anything else out there that will let me run this thing up to 8000 without the rich condition. i was even thinking of running a variable venturi setup like a predator or su. whattaya think.
price is absolutely not an issue.

Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 626
posted June 16, 2004 08:31 PM  
sell the holley and get a 3838 dgav weber!!!

Dirt Roller

Total posts: 7
posted June 17, 2004 07:42 AM  
get a motorcraft carb from the junkyard. preferably off of an old late 60's model truck with a V8

Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 1019
posted June 17, 2004 10:02 AM  
Yes, the Weber, or even a well built 5200 OEM style Holley/Weber would work fine usually.
I've also found that pullover is more an issue with guys running stock rubber motor mounts, too, where the motor shakes excessively.

And stay the heck away from Predator carbs. They are not for oval track racing, nor are they at all for a 4cyl motor, and nobody I know of has ever gained a thing by using them.

Good luck,

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 370
posted June 25, 2004 12:55 PM  
A well built 5200 is the best that I've found.

Back to the Archives