Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   car pushes sometimes
tay27tronnie
Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 37
posted November 23, 2003 10:57 PM  
my car will push sometimes an sometimes it want.about 10% of the time it pushes.the other 90%it is a rocket.I have not changed
a thing at either times. Need HELP.

------------------

20JALDcar
Dirt Roller

Total posts: 7
posted November 25, 2003 09:12 PM  
track conditions will do that to you, a little bit more or less moisture, if you feel a little push in the heat add a pound or 2 of pressure into the rf

jammin
Dirt Administrator

Total posts: 6243
posted November 26, 2003 06:46 AM  
Brandon, you got yourself a little backwards. If you want a car to push less one way is to take a small amount of air out of the right front tire.

By lower the tire pressure, you are lowering the tires spring rate which allows more transfer onto the contact patch. This creates more available friction force between the track and tire. This force that is going into the contact patch is also that would have been trying to make the car slide.

At the same time as you lower the air pressure you are also increasing the size of the contact patch, which also increases the available friction.

Something that should be noted is that if a car pushes every now and then it probably has this characteristic all the time. It just isn't bad enough to notice it. If you make some small changes to get rid of the car's understeering nature, you will probably increases lap times and improve tire wear.

bigcityracer
Dirt Freak

Total posts: 431
posted December 11, 2003 12:24 AM  
quote:
Originally posted by JALD:
Brandon, you got yourself a little backwards. If you want a car to push less one way is to take a small amount of air out of the right front tire.

By lower the tire pressure, you are lowering the tires spring rate which allows more transfer onto the contact patch. This creates more available friction force between the track and tire. This force that is going into the contact patch is also that would have been trying to make the car slide.

At the same time as you lower the air pressure you are also increasing the size of the contact patch, which also increases the available friction.

Something that should be noted is that if a car pushes every now and then it probably has this characteristic all the time. It just isn't bad enough to notice it. If you make some small changes to get rid of the car's understeering nature, you will probably increases lap times and improve tire wear.


THIS IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

tay27tronnie
Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 37
posted December 13, 2003 11:41 PM  
Thanks guys I have done this and it help's. I will work on it some more again thanks.

------------------

b4racing
Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 626
posted December 13, 2003 11:56 PM  
you can also add a little are in the rear. where in the corner does it push? In middle out. later BObby

tay27tronnie
Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 37
posted December 14, 2003 10:06 PM  
the middle out bobby, but it dosen't do it all the time just 10% of the time.

------------------

b4racing
Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 626
posted December 14, 2003 11:02 PM  
this is how I was told to remember how to maybe fix a problem It is like you go to a bar wedge in and stagger out. As stated try your entrance a little different you may be loose in and it will cause I push off. Also check your pm. BObby

tay27tronnie
Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 37
posted December 20, 2003 03:47 PM  
thanks for the help bobby.

------------------

Back to the Archives