Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   Ford to Chev conversion?
Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 50
posted December 05, 2005 01:16 PM  
Is there an easy weigh to use a 351 ford and still use the 2 speed glide from a Chev?
Is there a special plate to use so you can adapt it?

Dirt Roller

Total posts: 11
posted December 05, 2005 01:47 PM  
Get a powerglide bellhousing for a ford and you will need a converter with a ford front half and a powerglide rear half.

Dirt Maniac

Total posts: 125
posted December 05, 2005 04:06 PM  
midwest torque converters in mpls mn will put the ford bolt pattern on a chev powerglide for you

Dirt Forum Racer

Total posts: 76
posted December 07, 2005 03:28 PM  
TCI sells a kit but kinda expensive

Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 33
posted December 21, 2005 10:05 AM  
Get in touch with Bill Bushore at Bushore Trannys, I am running his powerglide and convertor mounted to my ford flywheel. the mounting plate or mid plate I made myself. He can also get them, or a bellhousing to adapt the glide to Ford.

Back to the Archives