Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   Solid to Hyd. swap
Dirt Maniac

Total posts: 132
posted February 07, 2005 04:22 PM  
Looking into buying a 15 race old short block from a friend of mine motor was running a solid lifter cam my rules only let me run hydrolic does anything need to be removed or installed to switch it over.This is on a small block chev..Thanks

Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 516
posted February 07, 2005 04:48 PM  
They probally have oil restrictors in the block that you should remove, other than that just change the lifters.

Dirt Maniac

Total posts: 102
posted February 08, 2005 02:32 AM  
Just make sure you change the lifters! Use the fast bleed type. I can tell you from experience that you must use hydralic lifters for a hydraulic cam. If ya don't adjusting valves is next to impossible!

Back to the Archives