Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   alky fuel regulator?
Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 27
posted July 09, 2001 10:54 PM
just wondering where i might get a fuel bypass valve set up. ive seen them with a ballvalve and plate that sandwiches under the carb. my problem is that i run a blockmounted pump that surges fuel my 1/2 spring loaded bg reg makes my fpress bounce at idle to over 14 lbs. don't really have money for belt driven dream setup. any input is much appreciated. thanks jl.

Dirt Roller

Total posts: 6
posted July 10, 2001 01:26 PM
we run C&S bypasses they work real well
and are cheeper than Barry grants bp

Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 30
posted July 11, 2001 03:32 PM
Check with Ron's Fuel Injection. (520-573-6890) They make mostly mechanical fuel injection systems for drag racing, but also make bypass stuff.

I've only had to run a bypass when running a belt-drive pump. I don't even run a fuel regulator with block mounted pumps. If your fuel pressure is jumping at idle, I'd think you might have a fuel pump problem.

Dirt Roller

Total posts: 8
posted July 11, 2001 07:34 PM
I run the Barry Grant throtele by-pass with BG or Edelbrock pump. Seems to work great. You can get one at Southwest Speed in FT Smith Ark # 501 646-6988 or Summit # 1-800-230-3030 ( use 13-14 psi pump )

Back to the Archives