Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   single master cylinder
nate 11
Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 52
posted January 05, 2003 10:54 AM
i have to run a single master cylinder. i can run disc rear brakes. what size do i need? do i need to run one with one line or two lines coming out. what about a proportion valve? THANKS...

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 298
posted January 05, 2003 03:11 PM
Nate, you must be running a S.I.M.S limited mod. I believe that I would find a mstr cyl (dual line) off a Corvette (70's/80's 4 wheel disc)and acquire two (2) in-line proportioning valves like from Day or Speedway. These valves cannot be in the drivers compartment or within reach of the driver. With these valves you can control the amount of brake bias (more front/ more rear)that you have. Just a trial and error deal.

Good luck

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 352
posted January 05, 2003 07:25 PM
use master of a 4 wheel disc trans am, like 89, its alum...

Back to the Archives