Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   IMCA Roll Cage
Dirt Newbie

Total posts: 3
posted November 19, 2001 07:28 PM
Looking for suggestions on where to buy a roll cage for my imca hobby stock.Any help would be great.heres the rules

Must use .095 -inch tubing, at least 1.666-inch diameter for main cage and door bars. No offset cages. Four-post roll cage must be used, front and rear hoop welded to the OEM frame. Rear hoop must have "X" brace, consisting of one horizontal and one diagonal bar, 1.25-inch O.D. and .083-inch wall thickness. Front down-bars must be tied together. Must be minimum of 40 inches between front and rear down bars at top of door panel. No more than 41 inches from top center of windshield to front edge of rear hoop; no more than 13 inches to front edge of front hoop and top halo must be no less than 40 inches across, outside to outside. Must have minimum of one cross bar in top of halo. Required rear kickers and engine hoop must be minimum 1.25-inch tubing, with .083-inch wall thickness. Three horizontal door bars on both sides are mandatory. Minimum of four uprights tied from frame to top door bar on driver side, three on passenger side. May have two bars for protection in front of radiator, behind bumper, within confines of body, no wider than stock frame horns. May tie front horns together. All bars, front and rear, must be inside body. Steel door plates, 18 gauge or .049-inch minimum thickness metal

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 295
posted November 19, 2001 08:12 PM
Find a good fabricator in you area that has a lot of experience building race cars. Most will build one for about $500. I have heard a few people saw that they didnt like the roll cage kits.

Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 1565
posted November 20, 2001 12:36 AM UIN: 54865418
i have had a csc kit but wasn't real impressed with it. i would have to agree with ac find a local car builder and have one put it where are you from ?

Back to the Archives