Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   tubular uppers
Dirt Roller

Total posts: 18
posted December 29, 2000 03:32 PM
Does anyone have any experience with tubular upper a frames that are a direct bolt on to stock chassis

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 218
posted December 29, 2000 05:03 PM
What is your question, you will need a tri--square to measure what you need and the center to center on the bolt holes.
Put the whole front end together with out the uppers in place get the upper ball joint where it needs to be, do this by using a caster/camber gauge.......then measure from the center of the bolts and use the square to see how far off set they are and how long they need to be...........then you can order from just about any builder......
so, what is the question?

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 251
posted December 29, 2000 08:28 PM
The only ones I know of fit dirt work mods. They bolt to 72 older chevelle frame. But like Jeff said they may not be the right length or offset for your car. The speed guys usually sell a bracket you can weld to where your stock mount was then you can use any of the tubular uppers that don't fit stock mount.

Back to the Archives