Total posts: 3279
posted May 27, 2001 06:28 PM
ED KOSISKI WINS OšREILLY AUTO PARTS ALL-STAR SERIES RACE
DENISON, IOWA (May 25, 2001) Lead changes were the name of the game Friday
night here at Crawford County Speedway as OšReilly Auto Parts All-Star
Series, NASCAR Touring drivers contested the OšReilly Auto Parts 50,
presented by IBP Inc.
Steve Kosiski of Papillion, Neb., started third in the 26-car field and
grabbed the immediate lead over pole-sitter Dave Eckrich of Oxford, Iowa,
and second-place starter Donnie McClellan of Grant City, Mo. Kosiski later
relinquished the top spot to Skip Frey of Ely, Iowa, who in turn gave it up
to Ed Kosiski of Ralston, Neb. Though Ed Kosiski was in front when the
checkers fell, Kyle Berck of Marquette, Neb., led for a time and was in
second place at the wire.
Rounding out the top five were Denny Eckrich of Tiffin, Iowa; Frey; and Gary
Webb of Blue Grass, Iowa.
ŗIt was a very good car on top,˛ said Ed Kosiski. ŗI couldnšt run the
bottom. I was just kind of gutsy on top and went for it all.˛
Kosiski, who started fifth, said the competition was tough.
ŗI didnšt feel like I was going to be able to run anyone down about halfway
through the race,˛ he admitted.
Fridayšs events marked the OšReilly Seriesš third race of the season and Ed
Kosiskišs first 2001 series win. His run gave him the current OšReilly Auto
Parts All-Star Series point lead, with additional holiday weekend races for
the series still on tap for Saturday in Corning, Iowa, and Sunday in
Greenwood, Neb. Going into the Corning race, Ed Kosiski has 475 points to
Kyle Berckšs 454.
Rounding out the top five are Gary Webb, Blue Grass, Iowa, 435; Joe Kosiski,
Omaha, Neb., 418, and Sonny Findling, Kirksville, Mo., 417.
Denny Eckrich won the Bud Pole Award for garnering the most passing points
during qualification races. Due to an invert of the top six, he started the
race in sixth place.
Qualifying heats went Steve Kosiski; McClellan; and John Anderson of Omaha,
Neb. Jeff French of Waukee, Iowa, claimed the consy.
OšReilly Auto Parts All-Star Series Race Report
Crawford County Speedway
May 25, 2001
Race No. 3
First Qualifying Heat:
1. Steve Kosiski- Omaha, Neb.
2. Denny Eckrich- Tiffin, Iowa
3. Paul Glendenning- Mr. Ayr, Iowa
4. Al Zeitner- Bellevue, Neb.
5. Bill Mlarnik- Omaha, Neb.
6. Jason Hobscheidt- Nehawka, Neb.
7. Kevin Kile- West Liberty, Iowa
8. John Hampel- Nodaway, Iowa
9. Jim Jorgensen- Omaha, Neb.
Second Qualifying Heat:
1. Donnie McClellan- Grant City, Mo.
2. Ed Kosiski- Ralston, Neb.
3. Sonny Findling- Kirksville, Mo.
4. Skip Frey- Ely, Iowa
5. Gary Webb- Blue Grass, Iowa
6. Brian Harris- Davenport, Iowa
7. Jeff French- Waukee, Iowa
8. Mark Wyman- Papillion, Neb.
9. Chris Spieker- Massena, Iowa
10. Kurt Stewart- Ainsworth, Iowa
Third Qualifying Heat:
1. John Anderson- Omaha, Neb.
2. Dave Eckrich- Oxford, Iowa
3. Kyle Berck- Marquette, Neb.
4. Joe Kosiski- Omaha, Neb.
5. Steve Ihm- Hazel Green, Wis.
6. Ray Guss Jr.- Milan, Ill.
7. Kurt Kile- West Liberty, Iowa
8. Vic Lovejoy- Telden, Neb.
9. Mike Collins- Omaha, Neb.
10. Bob Moore- Sioux City, Iowa
Bud Pole Qualifying:
1. Denny Eckrich
2. Kurt Kile
5. Scott Koskovich- Omaha, Neb.
8. Terry Buresh- Bellevue, Neb.
O'Reilly Auto Parts 50 presented by IBP Inc.
1. Ed Kosiski
3. Denny Eckrich
9. Steve Kosiski
11. Dave Eckrich
12. Joe Kosiski
13. Kurt Kile
24. Kevin Kile
For Further Information, Contact:
Phil Roberts, NASCAR, (319) 284-6863 (email@example.com)