Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   Beatrice Speedway announces inclement weather contingency plans for March 21-23
jammin
Dirt Administrator

Total posts: 5556
posted January 16, 2003 04:29 PM UIN: 16262997
Beatrice Speedway announces inclement weather
contingency plans for March 21-23 Spring Nationals
BEATRICE, Neb. (Jan. 16) - As the last two years have proven, there's no guarantee the weather will be spring-like for Spring Nationals at Beatrice Speedway. Track officials have announced their "just in case" plans should rain, snow and/or ice interrupt the 10th annual event, planned Friday through Sunday, March 21-23.
I.M.C.A. Sunoco Modifieds are scheduled to run all three days, with the Sunday feature paying $5,000 to win. Satur-day's Spring Fling for I.M.C.A. Sunoco Stock Cars has a $600 top prize.
The simplest part of the contingency plans is for the practice session on Thursday night before Spring Nationals. If the weather is bad, that session will be canceled.
Should Friday's program be lost, racing will start at noon on Saturday. There will be the regular Friday night program for Modifieds, then the stands will be emptied. Tickets will be sold for Saturday's scheduled program, at which time track preparation will take place.
Saturday's program will follow track prep.
If Saturday's program cannot be held, action will start at noon Sunday and the Stock Car portion of the show will be canceled. There will be the regular Saturday night program for Modifieds, then the stands will be emptied. Tickets will be sold for the Sunday program, track preparation be done and Sunday's program will follow.
If the forecast calls for inclement weather, Sunday's program will be moved ahead to Saturday. Action will start at noon Saturday with the regular program for Modifieds, then the stands will be emptied. Tickets will be sold for the Sunday program, the track will be prepped and Sunday's program will follow. The Stock Car portion of the show will be held during the evening portion of the program.
No hot laps will be held if any part of this inclement weather plan has to be used.
Should any races be completed and the remainder of the program be rained out, there will be no rain checks issued and the program will be completed the next evening as per the above schedule. Everyone will be required to purchase a pit pass or admission ticket the next day.
"The weather is always iffy at this time of year," I.M.C.A. Vice President of Operations Brett Root said, "and we want everyone to know what the plans are if there is inclement weather during Spring Nationals."
The event was postponed a week in 2001 and saw the Sunday program moved up a day by the threat of snow last year.


Back to the Archives