Total posts: 5556
posted June 03, 2002 04:13 PM
Texas Super Sunday Series headed to Heart ‘O Texas
WACO, Texas (June 3) – Henry Witt Jr. and Jeff Turner hope to continue their winning ways this weekend, when the Day Motorsports Texas Super Sunday Series comes to Heart O’ Texas Speedway in Waco.
Racing is scheduled to get underway at 7 p.m. June 9 in the eighth event in the series for I.M.C.A. Sunoco Modifieds and I.M.C.A. Sunoco Stock Cars.
Witt and Turner were the feature winners in the latest series outing, on May 19 at 281 Speedway in Stephenville. The two-time defending champion on the Modified half of the tour, Witt pushed his lead in the current points race to 15 with the victory.
The win by Turner, combined with previous leader Tim Clonch’s 10th-place run, nudged him into the top spot in the Stock Car point standings.
Both drivers were credited with wins when the Texas I.M.C.A. Nationals traveled to HO’T over the Memorial Day Weekend.
The upcoming date at Heart O’ Texas is the eighth of 14 races on the Modified schedule, and the eight of 13 for the Stock Cars.
All Modified features in the series pay $600 to win and the series champion earns $2,000; Stock Car features pay $300. Drivers’ 10 best finishes over the course of the series will be used to determine point standings for both divisions.
Top 10 Point Standings
1. Henry Witt Jr., Waco, 237
2. Max Eddie Thomas, Quinlan, 222
3. Billy Garza, Forney, 212
4. William Gould, Amarillo, 211
5. Doug Hibbard, Colleyville, 204
6. Tim Clonch, Quinlan, 198
7. Scotty Brown, Seagoville, 196
8. Wesley Veal, Princeton, 171
9. Keith McCullough, Pottsboro, 156
10. G.W. Egbert, Salado, 152
1. Jeff Turner, Dallas, 265
2. Tim Clonch, Quinlan, 260
3. Mark Mohon, Sulphur Springs, 248
Duain Pritchett, Combine, 248
5. Mike Greer, Garrison, 247
6. Kevin Sustaire, Emory, 215
7. Chad Estes, Troy, 187
8. Kenny Timmons, East Tawakoni, 153
9. Daniel Reid, Henderson, 130
10. Tom Earl III, Alvarado, 129