Total posts: 3279
posted July 24, 2001 04:14 PM
Show-Me Championship set Aug. 2-4 at West Plains
WEST PLAINS, Mo. - The ninth annual I.M.C.A. Show-Me Championship will be Thursday through Saturday, Aug. 2-4 at West Plains, Mo., Motor Speedway.
Presented by Dirt Works Race Cars, the Show-Me is part of the National Modified Series. Total purse for the feature race is nearly $26,000, with $4,500 going to the I.M.C.A. Sunoco Modified feature winner and a minimum of $450 paid to start the main.
Drawings will be held each night for heat race line-ups, with the number of heats and "B" features to be determined by car counts.
An "A" feature will be held each night and Saturday evening's feature will be 40 laps.
For more information, call (870) 994-7447. Rain date is Sunday, Aug. 5.
The West Plains event is 11th of 25 races on the National Modified Series slate and follows the July 29 date at Elmwood Park Speedway in Norton, Kan., on the series schedule; 415 different drivers have competed in one or more of the first nine races.
Champion of the National Modified Series earns $2,000, with a point fund of $10,000 to be paid out to the top 20 drivers.
Drivers' 10 best finishes will be used in determining point standings
National Modified Series Top 20 Point Standings
1. Brian Foote, Essex, Iowa 95
2. Gregg Buker, North Platte, Neb. 87
3. Sean Lias, Westfield, Pa. 80
Johnny Saathoff, Beatrice, Neb. 80
5. Randy Hall, Olean, N.Y. 78
6. Thomas Paige, Groton, N.Y. 76
7. Cory Fachini, Adams, Mass. 73
8. Stevie Hartman, Woodhull, N.Y. 72
9. David Murray Jr., Oberlin, Kan. 71
10. Garold Russell, Thedford, Neb. 68
11. Brandon Carley, Farmington, N.M. 65
12. Mike Smith, Arkport, N.Y. 64
13. Kevin Larkins, Greenwood, Neb. 61
Jerry Phillips, Galva, Kan. 61
15. Kenneth Rogers, West Monroe, N.Y. 60
16. Mike Adderly, Watertown, N.Y. 58
17. Paul Burger, Belle Plaine, Minn. 51
R. Alan Dix, Stockton, Kan. 51
Doug McKane, Groton, N.Y. 51
20. Dulane Colcleasure, Flora Vista, N.M. 50