Total posts: 3279
posted May 30, 2001 01:12 PM
Audubon Speedway hosts next Midwest Series race
VINTON, Iowa - The Audubon Speedway hosts the next race in the Midwest Motorsports Best of the Midwest Series for I.M.C.A. Sunoco Stock Cars.
Pit gates open at 5 p.m. Tuesday, June 5 at Audubon. Hot laps are at 7 p.m. and racing is set to start at 7:30 p.m.
Audubon has hosted a series race every year since the tour began in 1994. Jeff Anderson of Atlantic has won three of those events, Mark Elliott of Webster City two.
From Audubon, the Midwest Motorsports Best of the Midwest Series heads across the state line to the Arlington, Minn., Raceway for another Tuesday night show, on June 12.
That outing is part of the annual Arlington Lions Club Races and will be paired with an I.M.C.A. National Modified Series event.
A different driver has found his way to victory lane after each of the first three series races of the series. Skeeter Paris of Boone was the latest winner, topping the Memorial Day event at the Boone Speedway.
New series points leader Jeremy Christians of Horicon, Wis., and Jeff Wollam of Marshalltown have also notched victories this year. Christians also has third- and fourth-place finishes thus far.
Midwest Motorsports Best of the Midwest Series Top 20 Point Standings
1. Jeremy Christians, Horicon, Wis. 115
2. Mark Elliott, Webster City, Iowa 112
3. Rick Brown, Kellogg, Iowa 108
4. Brian Blessington, Breda, Iowa 106
5. Jeff Anderson, Atlantic, Iowa 92
6. George Reeh, Missouri Valley, Iowa 86
7. Jeff Wollam, Marshalltown, Iowa 79
8. Shawn Anderson, Haverhill, Iowa 61
9. Steve Campbell, Des Moines, Iowa 48
10. Derek Fralin, Beatrice, Neb. 42
11. Greg Gretz, Kewaunee, Wis. 41
12. Stuart Eisentrager, Tama, Iowa 40
Skeeter Paris, Boone, Iowa 40
Dan Sackett, Stuart, Iowa 40
15. Bill Wood, Fairbury, Neb. 38
16. Larry Silbaugh, Jefferson, Iowa 37
17. Dustin Vis, LeGrand, Iowa 35
Bill Vodicka, Hebron, Neb. 35
19. Troy Attwood, Smith Center, Neb. 34
Tim Baker, Winterset, Iowa 34