Total posts: 3279
posted May 11, 2001 07:20 AM
Friesen Challenge Series race at U.S. 30 postponed again
COLUMBUS, Neb. (May 10) - The Friesen Chevrolet Challenge Series race at U.S. 30 Speedway in Columbus has been postponed a second time.
Rained out completely on May 2, the I.M.C.A. Sunoco Late Model event was lost to more wet weather following heat races and just as the "B" main line-up was being posted last night.
The program will be completed when the series returns to Columbus on July 18. The series event already scheduled for that date will follow.
Harold Schriner of Guide Rock, Dennis Swanson of Bassett and Ron Dake of Lincoln were the heat winners Wednes-day evening. The rain storm that caused the postponement was accompanied by a tornado that set down in a rural area 14 miles southwest of the race track. Many drivers and fans also endured a hail storm on their way home.
The I.M.C.A. Hobby Stock feature will be made up this Sunday, May 13.
I.M.C.A. Sunoco Late Model National Standings
(through May 4)
1. Rob Toland, Hillsdale, Ill. 158
2. Brenton Slocum, Burlington, Iowa 149
3. Jason Bahrs, Colona, Ill. 130
4. Kevin Blum, East Moline, Ill. 114
5. Chris Coats, Joplin, Mo. 112
6. Mike Cothron, Moline, Ill. 109
Darrell Mooneyham, Verona, Mo. 109
8. Ken Essary, Galena, Mo. 102
Hershel Roberts, East Moline, Ill. 102
10. Brian Harris, Davenport, Iowa 101
11. Jim Sandusky, Coal Valley, Ill. 98
12. Dustin Mooneyham, Verona, Mo. 97
13. Andy Cook, Taylor Ridge, Ill. 95
14. James Carpenter, Tahlequah, Okla. 94
15. Darrin Barton, Aurora, Mo. 93
16. Jeff Grabill, Princeton, Ill. 90
17. Todd Sandusky, Coal Valley, Ill. 89
18. Steve Allen, Oak Grove, Ark. 88
19. Michael Guldenpfennig, Davenport, Iowa 87
20. Todd Cooney, Des Moines, Iowa 77
Steve Morgan, Orangeville, Ill. 77
Terry Schlipman, Mendon, Ill. 77
Bill Tuckwell, Washington, Ill. 77