Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   FORD heads
Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 26
posted January 29, 2003 09:25 PM
I need to know how hard it is to put 351c heads on a 351 w thanks

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 298
posted January 30, 2003 07:24 AM
there is a few issues, pm me if you want details

Dirt Forum Champ
Total posts: 620
posted January 30, 2003 07:30 AM
it's called a 351 clevor. you have to tap and plug the big water port at the front of the head on the head gasket surface. then drill a 3/4" hole on the intake face at the front of the head. use a gasket as a template.

use a 351w head gasket and you'll need a special intake manifold and gasket. b & a ford casts special intakes, but they are available under a different name. i can't remember who sells them but they're in western arkansas. track boss is the one you want for racing.

Tom Asmus
Dirt Freak

Total posts: 219
posted January 30, 2003 09:32 PM
We have a track boss intake for sale, but for what its worth buy a set of 351n heads on put them on. You ll be way better off and have better results and less problems. I have heard the clevor motor overheat and most guys that have tried them went away from them. just my opinion!!

Back to the Archives