Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   Cam ?
Dirt Roller

Total posts: 13
posted February 24, 2002 07:46 AM
New to racing cars, been in karts for 5 years and have a cam ? Local track rules say "362 cid stock heads no porting or polishing, stock rods and flat top pistons, cast iron intake 2 or 4 barrel with 2 barrel carb 500cfm and no roller cams or rockers.
Engine must pull 15" of vacuum at 1000 rpms.
My question is what cam would you recomend.

Thanks for all help.

Dirt Forum Racer

Total posts: 80
posted February 24, 2002 11:23 PM
call comp cams and give them the same info plus gear ratio and the tracks you run and they can give you a good idea.

Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 30
posted March 07, 2002 11:36 PM
comp will tell you what you wanna know. but they will also cram it to ya on $. i am curious, are they that much better than say, an elgin cam or a camcraft?I've been told that you get what you pay for, but man we're talking twice the price!like to hear opinions on this. thanks,Skawlded Dawg

Dirt Maniac

Total posts: 156
posted March 08, 2002 09:20 PM
Isky cams has several vac rule cams and they can aslo help u around thease rules to they are very helpful and give you a lot of free advice. And the good thing about it they know what they are talking about the do a lot of r&d hope this helps

Dirt Forum Racer

Total posts: 80
posted March 08, 2002 11:16 PM
i just call comp cams to get a good idea and then go to somebody else for the cam. they get you really close to want you need.

Back to the Archives