posted January 25, 2003 07:01 PM
Delaware Restarts To Be Used By Renegade's At East Bay!!!
Apple Creek,OH 1-24-03
The upcoming Renegade DirtCar Racing Series sanctioned portions of the "27th Annual Late Model Winternationals" at East Bay Raceway Park in Tampa (Gibsonton),FL will find the "Delaware Double-File Restarts" in use for all races on the 1/3rd mile semi-banked track.
The race restarts will see the leader of the race setting alone in front of the field with the second place driver having the option to restart from either the inside row or outside row and all other competitors lining up side-by-side accordingly.
"We discussed the Delaware restarts with Al Varnadore of 2 VHL Promotions Inc., the new management team at East Bay Raceway Park, and he wholeheartily asked that the double-file restarts be used for our races", stated RDRS race director Bret Emrick. "We are still a little bit in the experimental stage with the restarts and if the promoter of our events requests the double-file restart we will do that. However, if track conditions warrant that we go back to a single-file restart we will do that. Not all of our races this season will utilize the Delaware restarts due to track conditions, lack of experience with the restarts by track personnel and other reasons. But, we do plan to use the restart more than we have in the past".
According to Varnadore, "The first time I saw the Delaware restarts was at the 2002 'Pittsburgher 100' and it sold me right there. It adds so much more excitement into the racing for the fan. And, we adopted the double-file restart with our regular shows here at East Bay Raceway Park at the end of last season and it made the shows so much better for the fans. Afterall, we are in the entertainment industry and we must entertain our customer, the fan."
The Renegades action will start Monday, Feb. 3 with a 40 lap - $5,000 to win main event and continue with a 50 lap - $7,000 to win feature Wednesday, Feb. 5 and conclude Friday, Feb. 7 with a 75 lap - $12,000 to win feature event.
Pit gates will open at 2:30 pm, spectator gates at 5:00 pm with warm-ups scheduled for 5:30pm followed immediately by time trials with racing to start at 7:00pm. A complete program of CARRERA SHOCKS "Challenge the Clock" time trials, BRODIX,INC. heat races, MASTERSBILT RACE CARS "B" Mains and the ISKY RACING CAMS dash will be held each night prior to the running of the feature event.
Single-day general admission tickets are $30.00, $35.00 and $40.00 (children 12 years of age and under are 1/2 price) and pit admission is $35.00, $40.00 and $45.00 respectively for the February 3, 5 and 7 Renegades events. A three-day general admission ticket for the Renegades events is $100.00 and a six-day general admission ticket for all of the Renegades and Xtreme DirtCar Series events is $200.00. General admission tickets can be upgraded to pit admission for the difference of the pit admission.
For ticket, camping and lodging information phone East Bay Raceway Park at 813-677-7223, toll free at 877-457-5611 or visit the East Bay Raceway Park website located at www.eastbayracewaypark.com.
East Bay Raceway Park is located in Gibsonton,FL south of Tampa,FL on Interstate 75 to exit #250, then 2.0 miles west, then 1.2 miles north on U.S. Route 41, then northeast 1.3 miles on Old U.S. Route 41, then east on Burts Road.
"Delaware Double-File Restart" Procedures
1. Once caution is thrown cars must slow down. Field will be put into the correct running order in a single-file line. ALL cars one (1) lap down to the leader will be placed at the rear of the single-file line.
2. Once correct running order is established field will be placed in "Delaware Double-File Restart" order.
3. Leader of race will be placed alone in front of the field. Second place car must signal to on-track official on the frontchute choice of either inside or outside. Rest of the field will line up double-file.
EXAMPLE: Second place driver chooses inside. Third place goes outside of second place, fourth place goes inside, fifth place outside, etc.,etc.
EXAMPLE: Second place driver chooses outside. Third place goes inside of second place, fourth place goes outside, fifth place goes inside, etc., etc.
4. Once field is properly aligned you will come back to the green flag. Leader will restart the race at the pylon/cone placed on the frontchute midway between turn four and flagstand. Remainder of field must stay nose to tail and may not pass the car in front of them until passing the restart pylon/cone. NOTE: Passing before the pylon/cone, hitting the pylon/cone or going beneath the pylon/cone during the restart will result in a two (2) position penalty at the next caution or at the end of the event.
5. FEATURE EVENT ONLY - If caution is thrown inside of five (5) laps to go (laps 95-100) restart will be single-file.