Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   transmission
Dirt Roller

Total posts: 12
posted January 11, 2003 10:02 PM
Will a turbo 350 or a 400 torque converter work on a 2 speed power glide.thanks

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 298
posted January 12, 2003 07:12 AM
a 350 and 400 converter will exchange, but the pg is different the inner spline is not the same and it will not drive the input. even tho the converter can be installed in the front pump. it wont work, dont make this mistake, ive seen it done before....ford5

Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 43
posted January 12, 2003 09:21 AM
you can use a 350 or 400 but you will have use a 350 front pump in a powerglide have to do mod. for it to work

Dirt Freak

Total posts: 310
posted January 12, 2003 09:42 PM
you can buy a shaft to use the 350 or 400 it converts the splines

Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 43
posted January 13, 2003 08:00 AM
Here is the real story. The stator support must be machined for a t-350 style input shaft bushing then an aftermarket t-350 style powerglide input shaft must be purchased and installed

Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 69
posted January 13, 2003 04:46 PM
Gahainsey is right, you have to use a powerglide pump with the stator support machined out and a bushing installed. An aftermarket input shaft with turbo splines has to be used. The reason for the bushing is powerglides have a support bushing in the converter that a turbo does not have. It will work without the bushing for about two races! Then it wipes out the converter and pump

Back to the Archives