Visit The Dirt Forum for More Information

Author Topic:   slave cylinders?
Dirt Maniac

Total posts: 167
posted February 11, 2002 04:53 PM
I just bought a new car and I noticed what I think is a wilwood slave cylinder attached to the clutch of the car. Is this a slave cylinder, and if so, what exactly is it used for? Thanks guys.

Dirt Full Roller

Total posts: 58
posted February 11, 2002 06:19 PM
slave cylinders are used to disengage the clutch, they push on the fork when the clutch pedal is pressed, you can bleed them just like your brakes, they make things alot easier when your converting from an automatic to a standard.

Dirt Forum Racer

Total posts: 79
posted February 13, 2002 03:16 AM
That's right... my '60 Ford truck came with two master cylinders, both the same. One was for the clutch and one for the brakes. When you have an old vehicle that wasn't driven much... boy is it a pain to get that hydrolic clutch working right!

Back to the Archives